Job reference: 1617/A
Job function/discipline: Accountancy
Basic salary: C. £35,000 pro rata
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting an Accountant who will report into the Chief Executive and work as part of the Senior Management Team. The role is for a fixed term contract of 6 months and is part time 4 days per week.
- Drive forward the commercial sustainability of the organisation through effective financial planning, financial management and the development and management of commercial ventures.
- Drive forward business and strategic planning and performance for the organisation through effective budget management for a number of projects and core services across the organisation.
- Oversee planning and performance of the organisation and all projects and programmes, against financial targets and objectives supporting the delivery of business and strategic plans.
- Oversee and manage compliance with contracts, agreements and insurance policies and with all statutory duties.
- Ensure that statutory returns and annual accounts are fully compliant, completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure regulatory, compliance, commercial and other risks are identified, managed and monitored.
- A professionally qualified Accountant (preferably CIMA or CIPFA) with experience operating at management level in a complex environment
- Experience of managing large budgets (i.e. over £1 million per annum)
- Experience of full cost recovery
- Knowledge and / or experience of SAGE 200 would be beneficial as would an understanding of charity law and SORP would be beneficial
Salary c. £35,000 pro rata.
To apply please send your CV via the appropriate link. Alternatively please call Beth McMaw on +44 (0)28 9062 8877 for a confidential discussion. Closing Date is Monday 10th April 2017. Client interviews will be held on 19th April.