Job reference: FM 1793 CM
Job function/discipline: Compliance
Basic salary: Not Disclosed
Closing date: 8th March 2021
On behalf of Belfast Harbour, Forde May Consulting is seeking to appoint a Compliance Manager.
Established in 1847, Belfast Harbour is Belfast’s port authority and operates as a principal maritime gateway on the island of Ireland. Belfast Harbour handled cargo of more than 23 million tonnes in 2017 which equates to 70% of Northern Ireland’s and approximately 20% of the island of Ireland’s sea borne trade respectively. At 2,000 acres, the Harbour Estate represents one-fifth of the area of metropolitan Belfast, and is home to more than 700 businesses including Stena Line, W&R Barnett, Lissan Coal Company, Harland and Wolff and Bombardier.
The new Compliance Manager will coordinate the creation, review and implementation of management systems, policies, procedures and standards to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and recognised external standards.
- Developing and maintaining management systems, policies and procedures
- Provision of advice to the Board, Leadership Team, management, employees, service providers and tenants
- Achieving and maintaining accreditation to recognised sector and international standards providing visible and frontline engagement with key stakeholders.
- Conducting and/or coordinating training in health, safety, business continuity, data protection and environmental subjects.
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation and operation of compliance programmes
- Conducting and reporting on findings from audits, inspections, surveys, tests, assessments etc.
- Providing advice to internal and external stakeholders, interpreting regulations and providing guidance in relation to health, safety, data protection, business continuity and environmental compliance.
- Being proactive in monitoring and raising awareness of changes to legislation and regularly monitoring for compliance.
- Developing KPI’s and ensuring data is analysed and accurately recorded to support reporting.
- Investigating accidents, injuries, occupational diseases, pollution events and data protection breaches to determine causes and recommend remedial and preventive measures.
- Reviewing health, safety, environmental, data protection and quality arrangements to determine their adequacy.
- Fostering constructive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Day-to-day management of the Compliance team and associated workload.
- Significant experience in auditing, demonstrating an in depth understanding of ISO standards such as 9001/14001/45001/5001/22301.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls
- Extensive experience in a Compliance-focused role with a substantial amount of experience at senior management level.
- Experience of or an aptitude for implementing complex and strategically focused projects.
- Previous experience of managing budgets strong financial awareness.
- Experience of contract law, business planning, health and safety, environmental management and data protection
- A working knowledge of the port or shipping industry would be advantageous.
For an informal discussion call Gerry May at Forde May Consulting Ltd on 028 9062 8877, or to apply send a CV setting out how you meet the requirements to email@example.com, quoting reference number 1793CM. The closing date for submitting a CV is Monday 8th March. Please note: Final interviews will take place on the afternoon of 23rd March 2021.