Director of Finance and Personnel
Job reference: DFP/001036
Job function/discipline: Finance & HR
Closing date: 30th October 2017
Director of Finance & Personnel Ref DFP/001036
Waterways Ireland is one of the six North/South Implementation Bodies established under the British/Irish Agreement in 1999. It is an all-island organisation that manages, maintains, develops and promotes over 1000km inland navigable waterways principally for recreational purposes. The waterways under the remit of the body are the Barrow Navigation, the Erne System, the Grand Canal, the Lower Bann Navigation, the Royal Canal, the Shannon-Erne Waterway, the Shannon Navigation and the Ulster Canal.
Waterways Ireland has retained the services of Forde May Consulting to recruit a new Director of Finance & Personnel. The successful applicant will be a key member of the organisation’s Senior Management Team and is responsible for leadership and management of the Finance, Human Resources and Information Technology Sections across two jurisdictions, and will be responsible for accounting for an annual budget circa €28 million – €30 million.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director is responsible for:-
- Leading and directing the formulation of budgetary requirements for the Body’s Business and Corporate Plans and ensuring management accounts and a control environment to ensure Waterways Ireland manages within the resources available.
- The management and maintenance of financial and management accounting systems which ensure the safeguarding of public funds and value for money in their use.
- Ensuring proper controls and procedures exist for all financial transactions, and that the organisation complies with all legislation in both jurisdictions in relation to accounting matters including tax and VAT.
- Acting as lead officer for Corporate Governance matters across the organisation.
The Director is responsible for:
- Leadership and management of the Human Resources Section to include workforce planning in consultation with the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team.
- The administration and management of the Pension Schemes operating in Waterways Ireland (currently the North/South Pension Scheme).
- Reviewing and determining how to address the historic range of pay scales and allowances used for industrial staff in Waterways Ireland going forward.
The Director will be responsible for:
- Managing Waterways Ireland’s Information Technology provision and systems to service the wide range of functions within the organisation in a manner which delivers value, and ongoing use of information technology to deliver efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that the use of information technology provides value for money, supports business need and the expenditure is managed.
This position presents a tremendous opportunity for a senior executive who has the requisite technical experience, coupled with exemplary leadership qualities. Applicants can contact Forde May Consulting for an application form and information pack outlining all of the key functions and essential and desirable criteria for the post, in one of the following ways:
- Telephone: 028 9062 8877
- Email: email@example.com
- In writing: Forde May Consulting Ltd, Balmoral House, 77 Upper Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT10 0GY
- Download an application pack from fordemayconsulting.com
Quoting Director of Finance & Personnel, Waterways Ireland, Ref: DFP/001036
Applicants who wish to access application forms and information packs in alternative formats are requested to advise Forde May Consulting of their requirements as promptly as possible allowing for the fact that the closing date for receipt of all application forms is no later than Monday 30th October 2017. Applicants with a disability who require assistance to attend interview will be facilitated on request.
Applicants are encouraged to submit the application form electronically by email with the title “Application for Director of Finance & Personnel WI” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively application forms can be returned by post to Forde May Consulting at the above address no later than the closing date above. Applicants should ensure that they post documents in sufficient time to reach us by the closing date. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that sufficient postage has been paid to return the application form and associated documents.
All applications must be made on the Waterways Ireland Application Form. CV’s and /or supplementary material will not be accepted.