Director of Human Resources
Job reference: 1776DHR
Job function/discipline: Human Resources
Closing date: 01/10/2020
About Glanbia Cheese
Glanbia Cheese is the leading mozzarella manufacturer in Europe. Established as a joint venture between Glanbia plc and Leprino Foods, businesses with a combined annual turnover in excess of €5 billion, Glanbia Cheese has been able to draw on each parent company’s strengths and areas of expertise to develop an innovative cheese manufacturing process focused on consumer needs.
Due to the retirement of the incumbent Director, Glanbia Cheese has retained the services of Forde May Consulting to recruit a new Director of Human Resources. The HR Function sits at the heart of the business. Your role as Director of Human Resources is to ensure that the business creates the right conditions to develop and nurture the talent within Glanbia Cheese. You will provide direction and support across the business in respect of the Human Resource function including staffing, employee and Union relationships, training and development, performance management and compliance with Employment Legislation.
At Glanbia Cheese everything starts with people and the existing team are specifically interested in leaders who are: resilient; inquisitive; confident; proactive, visionary, energetic and can develop winning cultures.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Robust credentials and leading the people in a growing organisation
- Proven ability to develop and engage HR team members and lead teams in a matrix environment
- At least 5 years’ experience in strategic HR leadership in global, multi-site companies
- Proven track record in a manufacturing environment with Trade Union activity.
- Experience in the core aspects of HR (resourcing; employee relations; compensation and benefits; performance management; leadership development; training; talent management and succession planning)
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for three sites across the UK and Republic of Ireland and as such must be able to commit to extensive travel within the role.
For an informal discussion call Gerry May at Forde May Consulting Ltd on 028 9062 8877, or to apply send a CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the requirements to email@example.com, quoting reference number 1776DHR.