Engineering & Maintenance Manager
Job reference: 1615EM
Job function/discipline: Engineering
Basic salary: Negotiable
Engineering &Maintenance Manager
Salary – Negotiable
Location – Greater Belfast
Our client is one of the UK’s foremost providers of precision plastics injection mouldings, servicing clients across a wide spectrum of industries. They would like to recruit a new Engineering Manager & Maintenance Manager, someone to deliver an effective engineering service ensuring best in class operations and performance in downtime, process and productivity, energy efficiency and facilities.
- Manage all site engineering activities and the provision of site services to optimize operational and financial performance
- Optimise manufacturing performance by ensuring all plant and equipment is properly set up, operated, cleaned and maintained to minimise downtime. Initiate immediate and effective corrective action when faults /problems and non-conformances arise.
- Devise and lead the delivery of a structured preventative maintenance program supporting the delivery of the overall site performance objectives.
- Direct, motivate and develop the engineering team. Develop the skills, competencies and flexibility of the engineering team.
- Prioritise engineering spend, demonstrating value for money spend, and a plan of delivery to operate to a budget.
- Lead the ongoing implementation and development of company 5S and environmental policy.
- Management of in-house tool room.
- Liaise & co-ordinate with Design, Sales & Production departments for NPI purposes.
- Design and implement a departmental strategy in line with company strategy and using the EFQM RADAR model, review and improve the plan on a regular basis.
- A qualification within Engineering (degree level preferred)
- A track record within a managerial Maintenance position
- Technical experience of plastics manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing the engineering, processing and maintenance function in a manufacturing facility.
- Commercial acumen
This is an exciting opportunity for the suitable candidate to develop in a challenging role that is only limited by the candidates drive and ambition.
To apply please send your CV, via the appropriate link.
Alternatively please call Gerry May on +44 (0)28 9062 8877 for a confidential discussion.