General Manager (Manufacturing)
Job reference: FMC30519
Job function/discipline: Manufacturing
Basic salary: Negotiable
Closing date: Complete
GENERAL MANAGER (SME Production & Manufacturing)
Forde May Consulting has been retained by a well-established, SME manufacturing firm to recruit a talented General Manager. The company has a very strong order book across both NI & ROI and prides itself on its responsiveness, in a fast paced manufacturing environment. The role has been created as the result of an organisational restructure and organic growth.
This is a hands-on role within an SME manufacturing environment. As General Manager you will have full responsibility for the successful performance of the business, including Financial, Operations, Commercial, Organisational Development and Health & Safety. This position will give you full control of the facility developing the business for the long-term.
This role offers excellent development and growth potential for the successful person and you should have proven experience on the points outlined below:
- Significant management experience within production, manufacturing or process environments.
- Proven track record in leading a multi-functional teams, driving results and improvements in each area of responsibility and ensuring staff engagement at all levels.
- Strong commercial awareness and a track record of achieving business growth in previous roles.
- Background in setting and measuring key performance indicators, metrics, best practice assessments and performance management against these.
- Experience in operational capacity planning and forecasting.
- Demonstrable success in leading the development and implementation of process improvement and efficiency programmes (specific knowledge / expertise of LEAN and / or Six Sigma tools would be beneficial).
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Brendan Catney, Principal Consultant at Forde May Consulting on 02890 628877 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.