Interim Director of Curriculum & Assessment
Job reference: FM 1801
Job function/discipline: Director
Closing date: 5pm 28th May 2021
Interim Director of Curriculum & Assessment (6-7mth Contract)
Forde May Consulting is seeking to appoint a new interim Director of Curriculum & Assessment on behalf of the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA). CCEA is a non-departmental public body funded by and responsible to the Department of Education.
The Interim Director of Curriculum and Assessment will supplement the existing corporate leadership team as they address the challenges of delivering the 2021 summer series of examinations. As Director of Curriculum and Assessment, the post-holder will support the Interim Chief Executive in developing policy ideas in CCEA on curriculum and assessment in preparation for addressing the future challenges in education that will arise in Northern Ireland in the coming years.
As the Education Curriculum and Assessment thought leader within CCEA, the Interim Director of Curriculum and Assessment will:
- Develop recommendations and options for the Chief Executive, CCEA’s Council and Department on Curriculum and Assessment.
- Develop and improve links with schools, colleges, training organisations, higher education institutes, other education providers and employers to ensure CCEA’s future work aligns to societal and economic needs.
- Develop policy and performance in line with best practice, advising schools, colleges, training organisations, higher education institutes, other education providers and employers on all aspects of Curriculum and Assessment.
- Work in partnership with senior managers across CCEA to ensure development of thinking on Curriculum and Assessment issues.
- Actively manage innovation and change to all services that improves the value for money.
- Assist the Chief Executive in directing all aspects of the Council’s business in order to achieve the objectives of CCEA’s Corporate and Operational Plans.
- Support the Chief Executive in implementing CCEA’s risk management framework, quality management frameworks and corporate strategies.
Desirable skills, experience and knowledge
- A degree (2:1) Level 6 or above, or higher qualification
- At least 3 years’ senior management experience within the Education Sector
- At least 3 years’ experience leading and managing a large Education establishment*
*defined as School principal or individual with experience of reporting to Board providing strategic advice and direction.
For more information and to apply please send your CV and detailed covering letter, which details how you meet the criteria above, to Forde May Consulting by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 28th May 2021. Final interviews with CCEA will take place on the 3rd June 2021