Interim Director of Technical Services
Job reference: 1640/ITS
Job function/discipline: Interim Director of Technical Services
Basic salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: 5th September 2017
Waterways Ireland is one of the six North/South Implementation Bodies established under the British/Irish Agreement in 1999. It is an all-island organisation that manages, maintains, develops and promotes over 1000km inland navigable waterways principally for recreational purposes. The waterways under the remit of the body are the Barrow Navigation, the Erne System, the Grand Canal, the Lower Bann Navigation, the Royal Canal, the Shannon-Erne Waterway, the Shannon Navigation and the Ulster Canal.
Waterways Ireland has retained the services of Forde May Consulting to recruit an interim Director of Technical Services. The successful applicant will be responsible for directing the activities of the Technical Services Division including the areas of civil and structural engineering design, asset management, environmental services and the provision of mechanical engineering and health and safety services. They will also be responsible for leading and directing the delivery of the capital investment programme.
The interim Director has management responsibility for the functions of Civil and Structural Engineering Design, Health & Safety, Mechanical Engineering, Asset Management and the Environmental Section. The Director of Technical Services is a senior management role working closely with the Chief Executive and other Directors in a team to lead and develop the organisation to meet its overall corporate and business objectives.
- Provide Civil and Structural Engineering design schemes to support business objectives and manage the design and delivery of the capital investment and maintenance programme in a cost effective manner.
- Develop and manage a suite of centralised technical standards to ensure all designs are carried out to the appropriate legal and professional standards.
- Develop frameworks to manage the commissioning and delivery of design work by outside consultants / contractors.
- Lead on environmental and built heritage issues and provide direction and support to Regional Managers/Operations on same.
- Develop and maintain an organisation wide Asset Management system which will be a key driver in the capital infrastructure investment programme.
- The Director is responsible for the management of a multi-functional team of professional, technical and clerical staff based in Enniskillen and throughout Ireland
This position presents a tremendous opportunity for a senior executive who has the requisite technical experience, coupled with exemplary leadership qualities. Potential applicants can contact Forde May Consulting for more information, or to access the information pack which outlines all of the key functions and essential and desirable criteria for the post, in one of the following ways:
- Telephone: 028 9062 8877
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing: Forde May Consulting Ltd, Balmoral House, 77 Upper Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT10 0GY
- Download an information pack from fordemayconsulting.com
Quoting Interim Director of Technical Services, Waterways Ireland, Ref: 1640ITS
Applicants who wish to access information packs in alternative formats are requested to advise Forde May Consulting of their requirements as promptly as possible allowing for the fact that the closing date for receipt of all CVs is no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 5th September. Applicants with a disability who require assistance to attend interview will be facilitated on request.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs electronically by email with the title “Application for Interim Director of Technical Services WI” to the following email address: email@example.com
Alternatively CVs can be returned by post to Forde May Consulting at the above address no later than the closing date above. Applicants should ensure that they post documents in sufficient time to reach us by the closing date. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that sufficient postage has been paid to return the application form and associated documents.