Job reference: 1649/LM
Job function/discipline: Financial Services
Basic salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: Friday 24th November 2017
Our client is one of the fastest growing financial services companies in Northern Ireland, offering a bespoke vendor service including; compliance, legal, risk, operations, KYC and consultancy to their client base of Investment Banks located in London.
As demand for their legal service continues to increase they wish to add to their management team a Legal Manager who will be responsible for managing a team of derivatives negotiators, negotiating a range of derivative contracts on behalf of large financial institutions. This is a truly exciting time to join the company and be part of the next phase of growth and evolution.
- Manage a team of legal professionals who negotiate derivatives documentation for a regional client base
- Train and develop team members to ensure continuous progression
- Act as an escalation point for all client and team queries on a variety of agreement types: ISDA Master Agreements and CSAs, futures agreements, execution agreements, listed options agreements and other derivatives legal agreements
- Advise and coordinate with trading desks, client relationship teams, risk management and legal to resolve various derivatives-related issues
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders on client launches and priorities
- Ensure team targets are met, so that appropriate documentation is in place in order to meet Day-1 trading requirements
- Ensure timely execution of all documents
Job Location: Belfast City Centre
• Job Title: Legal Manager
- Management experience of small and large teams
- Extensive knowledge of the derivatives market and the financial services industry
- Experience of working for an investment bank or asset manager
- 5 years or more experience of drafting and negotiating ISDA Master Agreements and related documents for clients in multiple jurisdictions
- Knowledge of regulations affecting the derivatives market (Dodd-Frank, EMIR) is a plus
- Excellent business judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong client-service and team management skills
- Be personable, patient and tactful and be comfortable working with a range of clients
- Be able to use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to build rapport with clients
- Possess a high level of accuracy, multi-tasking ability and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to adjust to a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness
- Be able to handle pressure and tight deadlines
To discuss this role in confidence please contact Beth McMaw on 02890628877. Alternatively you may apply for the position by sending your CV through the appropriate link by the closing date of Friday 24th November 2017.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.