Job reference: 1638/MM
Job function/discipline: Materials Manager
Basic salary: See job description
Closing date: 4th September 2017
Location – County Antrim
The Materials Manager is responsible for all aspects of materials receipt, storage and distribution on site. They must interface daily with production managers and staff to ensure materials are delivered correctly and in full.
- Ensure correct operation of internal, external and 3PL kanbans. Implement new kanbans where required and review the performance of existing.
- Plan the build function in line with production requirements.
- Assess performance to schedule.
- Plan, allocate and review labour within stores assembly and picking functions.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Identify process reduction opportunities to streamline the ‘procure to pay’ cycle.
- Implement and manage 3rd party logistics processes.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with at least 2 of these as Materials/Supply Chain Manager.
- Experience of implementing lean six sigma tools and techniques to drive continuous improvement within supply chain performance.
- Persuasive and highly influential, with exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Self starter with the ability to lead and champion teamwork with an ability to achieve results within challenging time lines.
- Experience of working within a quality orientated manufacturing environment.
- Person must have recent experience of working with manual MRP systems.
To apply please send your CV, via the appropriate link.
Alternatively please call Gerry May on +44 (0)28 9062 8877 for a confidential discussion.