June 27, 2017
On behalf of our client Ulster Carpets we are recruiting a Project Manager.
Ulster Carpets was founded by George Walter Wilson in Northern Ireland in 1938 and is still privately owned by the founder’s family. Ulster Carpets has taken the positive attributes associated with being a family business and combined them with a forward thinking, global approach to business. The result is a technologically advanced, service driven company with flair, flexibility and a passion for quality. Ulster Carpets is investing £30M in its facilities in Portadown.
The main tasks of the role will include:
- Project management within defined Cost, Quality and Time constraints
- Reporting on expenditure against budget
- Understanding the concept of quality and reporting on delivery
- Reporting of work complete against programme
- Managing the change control process
- Identifying non-conformances and pre-empting conflict on site
- Resolution of project disputes in a timely and cost effective manner
- Maintaining continuity and cover across all departmental projects
- Travelling to Ulster Yarns and other group sites to report on budget and programme adherence
- Travelling to reference sites and reporting findings accurately
- Ensuring the workplace is safe and all H&S procedures are enforced
- Critical evaluation of Suppliers, Contractors, and Consultants
- Negotiating and applying terms with Suppliers in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager
- Ensuring all Contractors are on the approved list and compliant in association with the H&S Manager
- Ability to understand and communicate with design consultants on technical matters
- Communication with Contractors on a technical level
- Communication with Employees, Customers and Statutory bodies
- Ability to empathise with others point of view
- Ability to reach practical solutions in a timely fashion
- Ensuring implementation of the company policy at all times.
- Ensuring procedures are adhered to and a high level of customer service is maintained.
- Providing flexibility by supporting the management of other departments when required to do so.
- Experience of construction projects
- A third level qualification in an engineering related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Project Manager
- Working experience of MS Project or equivalent
- A track record of success in delivering projects
- A business related degree
- A Health and Safety Qualification
- Computer Literate with the complete Microsoft Suite
- Ability to identify business improvements and present them to senior management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels to ensure business objectives are met
- Ability to effectively plan and utilise resource
- Ability to maximise productivity on capital employed
- Commercial focus
- Understanding of the workings of a family business with global success
- Collaborative and engaging working style and approach to people.
Salary: Commensurate of Experience. To discuss the role in confidence please call Beth McMaw on 02890628877. To apply send your CV via the apply button before the closing date of 28th July 2017.