Job reference: FM 1817 SM
Job function/discipline: Management
Basic salary: Commensurate
Closing date: 19th November 2021
Eastwood Fleet Services have an exciting opportunity for you to join their new team as a Full Time Service Manager. This position will be based at their premises on the Shore Road and will be responsible, on a daily basis for the efficient running of their technical service department, which deliver commercial vehicle servicing for multiple Public Sector Department contracts and commercial clients.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day to day running of the Fitter/Service team
- Scheduling and prioritising of service jobs
- Control, measure and report on first time fix rate of Fitters & Service team
- Check the quality of completed job card write ups, ensuring that parts and labour are all accounted for
- Effectively liaise with stakeholders to ensure smooth completion of jobs from start to finish
- Monitor, control and grow productivity, efficiency and utilisation of Fitters and Service team
- Staff management for the Fitter and Service team and managing team performance against set targets and deliverable outcomes.
- Proactively follow up on and address technical issues with customers in a timely fashion and forging long term cohesive customer relationships
- Address technical issues directly when required
- Ensure that all operational Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Eastwood Fleet Service processes, policies and guidelines are adhered to.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong, relevant experience of Commercial vehicle, plant/construction machinery maintenance/repair is essential
- Previous experience of having first line responsibility for managing a team of technical staff whilst also ensuring adherence to company processes and maintaining profitability for the company
- Possess the ability to motivate a team and positively drive performance improvement in line with KPI’s
- Strong, demonstrable experience of working in a technical service department is highly desirable.
- Possess a strong commercial focus and fully understand the impact of factors affecting fitter efficiency and utilisation
For an informal discussion contact Gerry May at Forde May Consulting Ltd or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref no 1817 SM before the closing date of Friday 19th November 2021. P: 028 9062 8877.