Site Director- Cookstown
Job reference: 1631/SD
Job function/discipline: Executive Post
Basic salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: 11th August 2017
Our client Karro Food Group Ltd are looking for an experienced Site Director to ensure the effective running of all aspects of their site in Cookstown.
The Karro Food Group employs over 3,000 people across 7 UK facilities with an annual turnover of over £500m. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats – we own and operate our pig farms and manage the entire production process “from field to fork”. We supply our high quality meat products to retail, food service and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as globally.
Karro Cookstown employs around 900 colleagues, with the main activities on site being slaughter, primal, middle, shoulder and leg boning as well as the added value production of sausage, bacon, joints and retail pork. The site processes 23,000 pigs per week, which are sourced from the island of Ireland.
– Strong track record of solid experience of successfully leading a multi-functional team
within the FMCG sector.
– Experience of working within a performance based culture, attaining agreed objectives and working within financial constraints.
– Have experience of operating with Profit and Loss accountability and being both Operationally and Commercially responsible for the operation of the business.
– Direct experience of driving change management at a senior level.
– Strong awareness and understanding of compliance and adhering to statutory requirements
– Strong track record of successful relationships with the farm supply base, retailers, customers and suppliers.
– Previous experience within the meat industry would be advantageous.
– Overwhelming personal drive to deliver business objectives and deliver optimum Commercial results.
– Excellent communication and team working skills with the capability to communicate effectively internally & externally.
– Ability to build and develop strong relationships.
– Strong leadership qualities, with the proven track record of motivating, coaching and developing.
– Able to work within an agreed established framework to set timescales. Resilient and practiced at coping with pressure.
– Strong conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to take a logical and structured approach to decision making.
– Results oriented, with determination to deliver the best possible outcomes with strong change management skills.
– Tactical thought process, able to challenge convention and identify alternative ways of working.
– High levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical awareness.
– Determined, resilient and self-motivated, with the drive to complete tasks.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Duties shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure the site operates to the achievement of its optimum financial performance and in an ethical manner in order to fulfil the objectives of its shareholders, customers and staff.
- The Site Director will propose annually their business plan, and proposed EBITDA targets for the forthcoming financial year. A finalised business plan and indicative EBITDA targets will be agreed and signed off by the board. The performance expectations for the site will be provided with direction by these indicative targets, though they will not be constrained by them, the Site Director will take into account the actual prevailing internal and external opportunities of the site.
- Direct the implementation of business strategy, encompassing both a Commercial and Operational Plan. Initiate short, medium and long-term site strategies, action plans and targets in line with the corporate objectives.
- Ensure that the site is run on sound commercial and professional principles and that it’s defined and agreed corporate objectives are pursued.
- Ensure that the site’s financial viability and cost structure is regularly analysed and appropriate measures undertaken to monitor and reduce costs.
- Undertake a regular review of the site’s competitive environment and where appropriate measures are taken to increase the sites market position.
- Engender a performance culture within the senior management team and the wider workforce, adhering to and driving the company’s performance management policy.
- Work with the other site to coordinate and formalise plans and activities that further the goals and objectives and overall performance of the company.
- To establish and agree clear targets for the site, which should include site objectives and standards for Health & Safety, Quality, People Performance, Delivery & Cost.
- Staff are communicated with appropriately and regularly and that Staff Morale is maintained at the highest possible level (achieving the established people KPIs) level to optimise production outcomes at all times.
- Maintain up to date Industry and legislative knowledge, ensuring full compliance at all times to requirements.
- Ensure the development, implementation and delivery of best practices in line with customer requirements, creating a reputation with Retailers and customers as highly capable and credible with the ability to deliver.
- Promote innovation and provide competitive edge and drive consistency and best practice
- Achieve all retail and export customer audit highest grades and maintain industry accreditations, demonstrating clear improvement in audit results and corrective action plans at sites where required.
- Close working relationships with the farm supply base, retailers and customers are built and maintained with the Site Director being the key promoter of KARRO to optimise market position, reputation and business generation – ensuring Karro are the ‘Supplier of Choice’.
- Supplier relations are maintained at the highest standard to optimise market position.
- Relationships with influential industry bodies and media organisations are established and maintained within acceptable boundaries to promote the company positively within the meat production sector.
- Local, Public and Community Relations are maintained and promoted to a high standard.
- They work closely with all other site Directors in the best interests of the company.
- Through effective communication, ensure that the KARRO strategy, policies and action plans are known and understood within the organisation, providing training and support where required. Promote inter- functional relationships across site.
- Ensure that there are strong relationship between all functions including Sales, NPD, Marketing, Production, HR, Trading, Planning, Central Procurement and Finance, chairing appropriate ‘tier’ meetings to ensure timely decision making and the undertaking of actions.
Budgets & Results
- Achievement of the site and corporate strategy by at all times being focused on maximum profit delivery.
- Supporting and ensuring the delivery of the company’s Performance Management process, with EBITDA target achievement being the cornerstone to ultimate success measurement, with Health & Safety, Quality, People Performance, Delivery & Cost performance achievement underpinning long term success. Achieving the monthly agreed EBITDA target is the Site Director’s core objective and will be central to their personal Performance Management process.
- The profit and loss responsibility for the site, rests with the Site Director.
- Holding and promoting regular reviews with the lead Finance, Operations and Commercial leads on site to enable accurate planning, forecasting and corrective action, and understanding of the available budget and identification of financial targets to be achieved. Communicating these factors to the site.
- The general level of understanding and utilisation of Site production knowledge to promote innovations to drive margin, cost and opportunity, identifying and implementing opportunities for business gain.
Team Design, Morale and Development
The Site Director will be directly responsible for:
- The motivation, training, recruitment and selection for key roles for better performance and effective performance. Encourage the training and continuous development of all members of Senior management and their teams ensuring that Performance and Development Reviews are conducted in line with required timescales, agreeing annual [SMART] objectives.
- Determine the structure required for success and ascertain current skills versus required skills and support the development interventions that would bridge this gap.
- Ensure all key roles have clear objectives and performance targets that are monitored continually and reviewed annually, in line with the company’s Performance Management policy and reward process.
- Ensure all functions have clear KPI targets and monitoring systems in place, at different levels, to ensure everyone is aware of the required results, and that these are utilised operationally.
- Supporting the team in the implementation of new initiatives, driving a best practice approach at all times, playing a significant role in continuous performance improvement (cost, quality and service).
- Operations the senior Management team in line with agreed targets and deadlines, ensuring the delivery of projects and achievement of targets in a timely manner.
- Providing direction and support to the site teams, enabling the functions to work collaboratively as one unit and ensuring consistency of approach and understanding. Embedding a “One Team” culture
- Lead and promote behaviours to a high professional standard that encompass dignity and respect.