Interim Registrar & Head of Registration, Education and Investigation (12mth Contract)
Forde May Consulting is seeking to appoint a new interim Registrar & Head of Registration, Education and Investigation on behalf of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland and Department of Health. The Pharmaceutical Society for Northern Ireland is the regulatory body for pharmacists in Northern Ireland. Through a scheme of delegation to the Pharmacy Forum the organisation is also responsible for delivering the leadership functions set out in the Pharmacy (Northern Ireland) Order 1976.
The Registrar & Head of Registration, Education and Investigation is responsible for leading all registration education and investigation processes ensuring statutory compliance. Functions also include the presentation of Fitness to Practise cases and managing Continuing professional development processes. They will also be accountable to the CEO for performance and operational issues.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge:
- Relevant Degree or other relevant Qualification *
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes and the responsibilities of a regulator’.
- Experience or knowledge of investigation of complaints
- Experience or knowledge of instructing solicitors
- Personal interest in, and experience of, aspects of public health, with particular regard to matters of regulation and/or workforce development
- Ability to provide concise and authoritative briefings, reports and summaries on matters relating to health and social care, especially public health, wellbeing and health inequalities
- Experience of dealing at senior levels with individuals, organisations and governments in matters relating to health and social care, especially public health, wellbeing and health inequalities
- Financial management including management and production of estimates and budgets
- Effective team player with senior experience at or near board level
- Effective management of self and staff
- Knowledge of schemes of CPD and revalidation
Desirable skills, experience and knowledge
- Experience in Strategic Planning
- Legal knowledge or experience
- Experience of working with committees
- Experience or knowledge of pharmacy practice or pharmaceutical science
*degree to be relevant to healthcare or regulatory activity
For more information and to apply please request an application and information pack from Forde May Consulting by e-mailing email@example.com or telephoning 02890 628877.
The closing date for applications is 12pm on the 17th May 2021. Interviews will be held from 18th May through to the 21st May 2020. Final interviews with the Society will take place end of May 2021.