Business Development Manager
Job reference: 1832BDM
Job function/discipline: Business Development
Basic salary: To be Confirmed
Closing date: 8th of April 2022
Business Development Manager
Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce (NI Chamber) is an award winning, quality assured, customer focused membership organisation with over 230 years commitment to the Northern Ireland economy. Forde May Consulting has been retained to recruit a new Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager will be focused on the recruitment, retention and engagement of members across the NI business community through effectively presenting the benefits of membership and consistently delivering a high level of service that optimises customer satisfaction.
Membership Sales and increasing Engagement and Retention levels
- Manage the allocated portfolio of members and ensure that excellent customer satisfaction is achieved
- Plan and deliver professional sales activity, identifying and contacting prospective members to grow membership and achieve monthly and annual targets
- Engage with potential/members via site visits and digitally to ensure that senior management understand the role of NI Chamber and services provided and that the companies have an engagement plan in line with their membership level
- Proactively work with the events team to plan, attend and facilitate events relevant to specific member groups in specific regions
- Deliver opportunities for member engagement, through online channels and engagement events and proactively seek to develop new engagement opportunities informed by member preferences
- Develop in-depth knowledge of members, identifying those that could benefit from specific services such as business growth support, training etc., and liaising with colleagues who can provide such support; facilitating connections on behalf of your members with other businesses or international chambers
- Plan and deliver renewals activity ensuring that members are contacted regularly and fully engaged with NI Chamber
- Identify potential opportunities for members to upgrade to higher level of membership where pertinent criteria is met
- Min of 2 years’ experience in Business Development in a B2B environment
- Customer focused, with an ability to build strong business relationships and evidence of a well-developed business network
- Personable, professional with high levels of integrity and credibility
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and IT literacy with a working knowledge of CRM systems and Microsoft Office
- Full Driving License and access to transport.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Professional Sales qualification or certified training
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience in membership sales or similar environment
- Experience of working in a Business Development role across the Southern counties of Northern Ireland
For an informal discussion call Gerry May at Forde May Consulting Ltd on 028 9062 8877, or to apply send a CV setting out how you meet the requirements to email@example.com, quoting reference number 1832BDM and including your current remuneration details