Business Services Manager
Job function/discipline: Business Services Manager
Closing date: 1/11/22
Business Services Manager
Gahan and Long Ltd is one of Northern Ireland’s premier construction-orientated archaeological consultancies. Established in 2002 by Audrey Gahan and Chris Long it brings together over 30 years of professional archaeological experience.
Due to continued growth and success the business wishes to recruit a new Business Services Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible to joint Directors of the business for the delivery of a range of services to Gahan & Long’s clients. He/she will ensure that these services are delivered professionally, efficiently and effectively to specified levels of quality. They will provide leadership to the staff in the office and promote excellence and growth for these services. As a member of the SMT he/she will participate in the corporate decision making processes and provide strategic leadership and direction to the organisation.
- Manage the office team, delivering a range of services, including full management of staff payroll and associated systems, including payroll to staff in Southern Ireland; invoicing (both suppliers & customers) and credit control; tendering; basic human resource services; business development & networking with all statutory bodies & clients; and staff logistical management, including management of all projects and associated systems.
- Provide clear and strategic leadership to staff within the business to ensure Gahan & Long has a highly skilled, flexible and motivated workforce to provide high quality services.
- Ensure that there are robust performance management systems in place throughout the business to ensure adherence to client expectations and internal targets.
- Participate as a member of the SMT in the development of an annual business plan.
- Participate at SMT level in the development and review of a future 3 year Strategic Plan.
- Should have senior operational management experience
- Should have a strong commercial focus.
- Be results driven and have a track record of success.
- Ability to build and maintain staff & customer relationships.
- Experience of project management, business change improvement.
- A perfectionist who wants to provide the best possible service.
This role will require a person with strong leadership skills and a deep understanding of what it takes to manage a successful team. The candidate should be able to work on their own initiative. This is an exciting opportunity for the suitable candidate to develop in an exciting role that is only limited by the candidates drive and ambition.
To apply please send your CV via the appropriate link. Alternatively please call Gerry May on +44 (0)28 9062 8877 for a confidential discussion.