HR, Training & Development Manager
Job reference: 1865
Job function/discipline: HR Manager
Basic salary: TBC
Closing date: 30/10/23
HR, TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – HEAD OFFICE
Based at Airport Road West, Belfast
Forde May Consulting is assisting our client to recruit a new HR, Training & Development Manager
- Provide a generalist HR service to all employees and managers.
- Provide a first point of contact for employees on HR-related matters.
- Provide support and advice for divisional managers in day-to-day operations and in the event of investigatory / disciplinary action.
- Carry out investigations and hold disciplinary / appeal hearings as required.
- Manage and maintain HR records to include company handbooks, employee files and all associated records, ensuring practices are in line with the company’s document management policies.
- Manage and maintain the company’s GDPR systems, records, policies and associated documents, ensuring that compliance is maintained at all times.
- Support recruitment and on-boarding processes as required, including inductions, preparation of relevant correspondence to include contracts of employment, payroll set-up etc.
- In conjunction with the divisional managers and directors, setup and manage staff training and development plans including appraisals and mentoring where required.
- Support long-term HR provision, including staff retention initiatives, succession planning, annual pay reviews, exit interviews etc.
- Plan and coordinate mandatory training and maintain training records in conjunction with the SHEQ Manager. Deliver on-site training, toolbox talks etc. when required.
- Manage staff healthcare and wellbeing policies.
- The role will report to the Finance Director in Belfast but will include frequent briefings and provision of HR support to all Divisional Directors and the Managing Director, across offices in Northern Ireland, Ireland and England.
- A minimum of 3 years HR management experience in the last 5 years to include the provision of a day-to-day support service to staff and management, investigatory / disciplinary processes, recruitment and record keeping.
- Working knowledge of the GDPR and data protection generally.
- Experience in managing staff training requirements and sourcing external courses as applicable.
- Experience in staff presentation and training delivery.
- High standards of verbal and written communications.
- Ability to communicate across all levels.
- Excellent skills across Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the island of Ireland and to GB.
- Driving licence and access to own transport (The role will require frequent trips within Belfast, Northern Ireland and to Dublin and Cork).
- Experience of NI, UK & ROI employment legislation.
- CIPD qualification or equivalent.
All applications must be made by submitting a tailored CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please quote reference number 1850.