Planning and Materials Manager
Job reference: FM 1814
Job function/discipline: Supply Chain
Basic salary: Commensurate
Closing date: 18th October 2021
|Planning and Materials Manager
Location – ROI
The Planning and Materials Manager oversees the full integration of the supply chain activities. Specifically, in charge of raw materials, production planning and ensuring the plant meets customer delivery expectations. Manage total operations planning functions including Inventory, Service, WCOM Initiatives and shipping/warehouse. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Ensure correct operation of internal, external and 3PL kanbans. Implement new kanbans where required and review the performance of existing.
· Plan the build function in line with production requirements.
· Assess performance to schedule.
· Plan, allocate and review labour within stores assembly and picking functions.
· Identify cost reduction opportunities.
· Identify process reduction opportunities to streamline the ‘procure to pay’ cycle.
· Implement and manage 3rd party logistics processes.
· Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with at least 2 of these as Materials/Supply Chain Manager.
· Experience of implementing lean six sigma tools and techniques to drive continuous improvement within supply chain performance.
· Persuasive and highly influential, with exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
· Self starter with the ability to lead and champion teamwork with an ability to achieve results within challenging time lines.
· Experience of working within a quality orientated manufacturing environment.
· Person must have recent experience of working with manual MRP systems.
To apply please send your CV, via the appropriate link.
Alternatively please call Gerry May on +44 (0)28 9062 8877 for a confidential discussion.