Job reference: 1851
Job function/discipline: SHEQ Manager
Basic salary: TBC
Closing date: 30/10/23
SHEQ MANAGER – HEAD OFFICE
Based at Airport Road West, Belfast
- Manage compliance to ISO standards 9001, 14001 & 45001, and prepare for and take the lead on external audits.
- Take ownership of our Integrated Management System (IMS) and all internal business processes, policies and procedures included therein.
- Actively and continuously maintain the system to include updates and improvements.
- Schedule, conduct and review regular internal audits and report results.
- Identify non-conformities and initiate and actively support corrective action as required.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of recommendations resulting from internal/external audits.
- Liaise with and advise divisional management at regular meetings.
- Coordinate and lead site IMS & H&S meetings and prepare agendas and minutes for same.
- Oversee the review and upkeep of registers of legislation and environmental aspects in conjunction with our external consultants.
- Oversee the review and upkeep of safety statements and risk assessments in conjunction with our external consultants.
- Develop and manage environmental records to include data gathering and reporting e.g. on emissions. Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and Group policies e.g. ESOS, CBAM, TCFD etc.
- Ensure compliance to all H&S regulations (e.g. first aid, fire safety, PPE).
- Plan training in conjunction with the HR, Training & Development Manager and maintain the central training register.
- The role will report to the Finance Director in Belfast but will include frequent briefings and provision of H&S & IMS support to all Divisional Directors and the Managing Director, across offices in Northern Ireland, Ireland and England.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of health and safety operations to include practical experience in managing incidents, risk assessments, workplace safety inspections and maintenance of associated records.
- Working knowledge of an integrated management system to include ISO standards 9001, 14001 & 45001.
- IOSH qualification.
- High standards of verbal and written communications.
- Ability to communicate across all levels.
- Excellent skills across Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the island of Ireland and to GB.
- Driving licence and access to own transport (The role will require frequent trips within Belfast, Northern Ireland and to Dublin and Cork).
- Familiarity with H&S regulations including those around COSHH, REACH, first aid, PPE, fire safety, waste management etc.
- Internal audit experience.
- NEBOSH qualification.
- Experience of both UK & ROI SHEQ requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO standard 50001.
- Knowledge and experience of ESOS, TCFD and CBAM.
All applications must be made by submitting a tailored CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please quote reference number 1850